Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Sound Tracking

I've now got a 'Sound track' section in the side bar, over there ---> somewhere.

This displays the music I'm currently listening to (last five tracks) or at least the music I'm listening to on with iTunes on any of my Windows PC's running .net framework!!! I guess we'll have to wait for my colleague's dreams to come to fruition in order to blog everything that hits my ears, regardless of source!

I've been fiddling with this idea for a few months now my initial experiments worked but I was relying on poking http Post through a browser from a desk top JavaScript - needless to say that, although the monitoring was spot on, it was less than desirable to spawn a new browser instance everytime a new track was played.

But now I found iTunesBlogger, a nifty little C# app. I've caught the output from the app with an ASP script and iFramed it into the blog template. I also write an RSS(ish) feed to my server but haven't got around to doing anything with it yet!

iTunesBlogger can be a little clunky on my desktop system, occasionally locking up, but it does the job well enough - thanx!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home