Thursday, January 11, 2007

Google Maps Direct-shuns

I have generally found Google maps to be an extremely useful tool which has helped my timely arrival at many a new destination when working on both sides of the Atlantic. However this must be the strangest route suggestion I have come across.

I was recently invited to lunch at the Wolsey restaurant in London by a business colleague. Now I have only a passing acquaintance to this area of London so after finding an address for the restaurant I Google Mapped (there's verb creation for you) it and knowing it was somewhere near the Ritz I put that in as a Landmark to help orient myself when I break the surface at Green Park after a subterranean journey.

It turns out that the two places are practically opposite each other, but look at the route Google maps recommends from one to the other - maybe it is assuming I need to work up an appetite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home